Each year I like to have a little 'homemade' something on hand for guests and hostess gifts.
Mixed roasted sugar nuts were my choice for this year! Don't they look yummy?
While baking these tasty little morsels of goodness, our home was filled with the aroma of warm cinnamon and brown sugar! Soooo easy to make! I picked up all the ingredients at our local bulk food store, including the cone bags.
Add your mixture to the bags when cooled, tie with a festive ribbon and attach a label of your choice. These labels and more can be found here, at one of my favourite sites http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/
And because good things should not be kept secret, I'm sharing the recipe with all of you ...enjoy!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups of mixed nuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add nuts to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.